p Box o' Spices: Podalangai poriyal

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Podalangai poriyal

It's been a while. I know. How's everybody doing?
I have a long list of blog reading that I need to catch up on. :)


Podalangai (Snake Gourd) poriyal

This is one of the simplest and tastiest vegetables to cook. It's really easy to cut too.

Ingredients:
1 long snake gourd (ours was about a meter long)
Sambar powder, salt, black pepper powder - to taste
Tempering: Mustard, urad dal, jeera, curry leaves

Slit the snake gours into half lengthwise and slice very thin. If necessary slit into quarters and then slice.
Heat some oil and add the tempering ingredients. Once they splutter add the snake gourd, sambar powder and salt. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Then add some pepper powder. Cover and cook until tender. Then cook uncovered for a couple of minutes to slightly brown the vegetable.
Tastes yummy as a side with rice and also with roti. Try it.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Mona said...

Never had Snake Gourd till now, but it looks delicious, will try it sometime, thnx for sharing!

www.zaiqa.net

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Menu Today said...

Hi SL,

I like this simple curry for sambar rice. You cut the vegetables very finely, it looksnice. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger monicraft said...

Hi SL, that simple poriyal which is so healthy and tasty is something I like to make often. I like your blog background, it makes everything look so rich!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Pritya said...

Hi SL, that simple poriyal which is so healthy and tasty is something I like to make often. I like your blog background, it makes everything look so rich!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Sorin said...

I like the sound and look of this. I shall mark this on my to do list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home